Monday, June 21, 2010

Rehab Starts Today

So I went for the first real walk today - 2 weeks after surgery - half an hour - not very fast but continuous. I concentrated on keeping the muscles in my leg loose so I didn't tense up and I think that helps. It certainly didn't get my heart rate up - but it felt pretty good - it helped that the sun was shining. I iced it after and then kept moving and stretching through the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Are you doing some physio? One of the exercises that helped strengthen the knee was to lie on tummy and curl one leg towards your seat using some tubing - pulling ever so gently to get a nice stretch. Glad you are back to exercise. I on the other hand have done pretty much nothing but my knee doesn't hurt. I would rather it hurt and I felt fit.

    ReplyDelete