Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Gym

65 minutes on the stepper/glidder trying to ignore the pain in my knee. I'm dtermined to be strong going into this surgery - hope I'm going at it the right way. Have stayed away from lower body weights but with B's osteoporosis diagnosis I worry about letting up on the weight bearing exercises. I guess I just need to get through till June 28th and get this need rehab'd properly. I also need to weigh myself tomorrow and I'm not predicting good news.

1 comment:

  1. Dr H is of the mindset that you keep that knee moving and working it - while the pain is nagging exercise isn't making that injury worse. Now I can honestly say that my first scope on R knee did make a difference though I was never able to run again. The left scope (last year) has not been as effective but mostly because of the advanced osteoarthritis and bone on bone. The synvisc had helped lubricate and cushion until I fell skiing this winter.My trainer at the gym has given me some excellent exercises that force the knee to tract properly and this does relieve some of the pain. (I am making myself sick talking about my booboos like some octogenerian.) I am trying to push the sand up through the hourglass.

    ReplyDelete