Only 16.7 miles but a little more 'technical' in that the steeper downhills were followed rapidly by steeper uphills. And a wicked head wind on the way back. Good practice changing gears. Walked twice - once on a really steep downhill that we had been warned about twice and once on a steep uphill that I completely miscalculated in terms of when to gear down. We rode out along the Old Spanish Road and then did the 8 mi. loop in Saguaro National Park where the park attendent warned us not to ride over the rattle snakes as they 'have attidtude'. We didn't see one.
I did see a mid size gecko in our back yard this afternoon.
i was cycling today in fish creek - near the ranch - using Camilla's mountain bike - tried to avoid a tyke on his small bike - crashed - her brakes are wicked strong - slid on gravel - lost control - fractured wrist in two places - disloacted it too - needed some sedation to relocate. have cast now for 6 weeks. I am so sad.
ReplyDeleteBonnie - that is my worst nightmare!Take care - I guess now you will just have to walk and walk for the next 6 weeks.
ReplyDeleteif i can just stay awake long enough. Too much sedation still in system.
ReplyDelete