Saturday, June 30, 2012
June - 19 Days and 2038 Minutes
It is good to have an event to train for - even though in the last weeks leading up to the ride I knew I hadn't trained enough. But ride we did and I felt I made a creditable showing on Day 1 - 123km in about 6 hours of ride time. Much of it in the rain. But camp life proved too much and the wet and the mud and the cold left me convinced that I wasn't able to ride back. I will never know if I could have or not! But P and I rode the 100km later in the week on our own - feeling we had an obligation to complete. It was a great ride through Calgary - harder to get any speed up on the bike paths but all in all an enjoyable day. Looking for the next event - that would be Skoki in July - right after rafting on the Colorado next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't know you didn't do the ride home...but great job on the ride there!! I was thinking of you guys in the pouring rain...I felt so bad for you! And trust me - I totally get the yucky camping in the rain thing - yuck, yuck, yuck.
ReplyDelete