All the walks/runs/bikes/treadmills/ellipticals in the past 6 months or so paid off! In Vienna we walked steadily for 2 days - seeing the sights and 'warming up' for the bike trip. Over the next six days we biked 392 km over all kinds of roads and paths. And while I was pleasantly tired at the end of each day it was never too much. I wouldn't have minded a thick gel seat after a couple of days but other than that it was just a lot of fun to ride and ride. We followed up with 2 more days of steady walking in Budapest as a kind of 'warm down' before heading to Balatonfured for a holiday for a few days.
I've had my break now and its time to come up with a new event to work towards - ideas anyone?
Oh Jean that just sounds like such a lovely experience. I suspect by and by you will come across a new project that will challenge your mind and body and tax your intellect. Whatever it is, you will do with your typical Jean Head On No Nonsense Approach. We'll have to go for a walk before the snow flies.
ReplyDelete