Lovely day to bike - mid 70's - a bit windy. Went 24.5 miles in 2 hours all up around Rancho Vistoso. My first try at using the bike turning lanes in the middle of the roads - it was fine. Stopped and had a coffee at Sarbucks just like a real biker. Saw a big dead rattlesnake on the bike lane - looked like it had a run in with a car and lost. Peter tried to dodge a good sized gecko running accross the path and for a minute it was touch and go who was going to take who out as the gecko got caught on the pedal and into the chain. The chain spat it out and Peter stayed on his bike - the gecko made it to the side of the path but I'd say its chances were slim. Lots of long steady hills on this route - makes for good cardio.
Yesterday was a day off as I understand you can't count the power shopping Gloria and I did all day while the boys went jeeping. Got some great spring tops and some fun stuff for the grandbabies.
No comments:
Post a Comment