Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hiking the Phoneline Trail at Sabino Canyon

So this is cool - you take the tram up a windy road that crosses 9 creeks and the driver gives you a running commentary on the flora/fauna/history/gepgraphy of the area and then at the end of the tram line you hike up a little further and then turn back down the canyon and over 5.5 miles you hike back down the 1000 feet all the while seeing fantastic views of the canyon and city vistas. And the road rash that I got on my knees and hand from watching the views instead of my feet will heal up fine in a few days!
My weight was down - but only -.4 for a total of -5.2. Slow but at least in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. I ran into Peter at the gym this morning. I am trying to increase my cardio to more than an hour and keep doing the weights 3 times a week. I need to go to yoga and stretch. Maybe we can do that when you come home? You'll have your little grandsons to chase around for the next little while. Have fun with them. Can you send me your address through my email? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete