A wonderful walk up the beach - it was blowing and raining just enough to feel like we were storm watching - and then a good hard 40 min - 625 cal workout on a very nice eleptical here at the Wickaninnish and few upper body weights. Which is good because dinner at The Pointe was amazing!
Congratulations Jean on your vision of functional fitness. There is a gadget that you can add to your blog that can track your pounds lost or cardio consumed or whatever else you want to track if you ever want to add that. When you go to dashboard, go to gadgets and then scroll through until you find the chart. It is pretty neat. Camilla and I were going to ski and just as I was getting into the car, I fell and landed right on that knee that I have been nursing since last year. It hurts all the time and locks on me. I read in a running room magazine about a new technology for a meniscus transplant. I am most definitely going to look into that. Another gadget you might like for functional fitness is called TRX. When you are home next, come to the gym with me and I can show you some moves - you use your own body weight and the angles you choose make the workout more intense. Very good especially for the core. Well good luck and keep walking and working out. My trainer told me not to use the elliptical anymore because its angle is too harsh for my knee so I use the arc trainer - you call it the glider with the arms - I love that machine and of course I love the spin classes which have no effect on the knees. Have you tried skating yet? It helps too. BBFN, Love Bonnie
ReplyDelete